Search This Blog

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Aaron Turns 25!!





March 24th is a pretty special day in our family! 25 years ago, it was the day Aaron, my bestest hubbyfriend ever, was born! :) And I'm very glad he was!! So, I wanted to do something special for him. This was going to be his last birthday without being a daddy, and I just felt like he needed a little bit of spoiling--maybe because I know how much un-fun stuff he's going to have to do in the next few years? haha! Maybe it's just because I think he's worth it! :)

Before I tell you about what he got, lemme take a moment to tell you a little bit about Aaron, and why he's such an amazing guy!

Aaron Michael Glanfield was born March 24th, 1985. It was a cold, dark, miserable night... (Okay, I don't know if that's true or not. I'm not even sure what time of day he was born. Could have been lunch time, with slight showers, or bright blue skies, with birds singing...)
He was son #3 (out of 4) for his parents. And like so many of us do, Aaron grew up-- to be a giant! 6'6''

He likes lego, music, hockey, animals, working out, reading the sciptures and fantasy-magic type books, and even school! He is a very neat person, and likes everything to be in its proper place. Aaron makes amazing banana muffins and milk shakes, and it pretty handy in the kitchener! He has a strong testimony of the gospel, and takes his church responsibilities very seriously! He's a very generous, trusting, and encouraging guy, and a lot of fun to be around! He loves his family very much and talks highly of them.

Right now he's in school for business, but will be switching his major to kinesiology, and later going on to physical therapy school. He has a great mind for science and math, and loves to help people, and is very excited for his career! This summer he is starting his own company selling aerration and later doing landscaping jobs for the summer. He's such a hard worker, and I have no doubts that he'll be successful!

He is also very good with children! I absolutely love watching him with our nieces and nephews. I can't wait to see him with our own little munchkin! He's so great in so many other ways too, but I don't know if the internet has enough room for it all :)

Okay, thanks for listening to me brag about my husband! :) Moving on with his birthday story!!
For a while now Aaron has been wanting a new guitar, and has been telling me so almost every day! ;) Unfortunatly, we don't have the dollars to buy him a new one. So I went to my dad and proposed a plan to him-- that he, Aaron's Grandparents, parents and myself go in on one for him. Dad thought this was a great idea, only problem was, how do we find out which guitar to get him??

A few weeks ago, Aaron and I were in kitchener for the weekend. My mom and I had gone out to do some shopping, and Aaron had stayed at home to finish schoolwork. However, mom and I were gone for SO LONG that Aaron was done and getting bored, so my dad took him over to a music store so they could play with instruments. While they were there, Aaron found a guitar he seemed to really like (and it was on sale!) So my dad told me this, and asked if I thought it should be guitar we got for his birthday. Well, I hadn't talked to Aaron's parents yet, so I tol dhim to hold off buying it until I could! :) Driving back to Welland, Aaron told me all about these two guitars he really liked, but was saying he liked one of them more than the other, and why he did, yaddayadda... And even said to me, "You know, with the questions your dad was asking me, I thought he was going to buy it for me!" I just gave him an awkward laugh...So I asked his mom if she would like to go in on it and the grandparents too, and she thought it was a good idea! So, I gave my dad the okay!

I have to admit, I was a little nervous about getting it for him! A while back he had told me that he wanted to pick the guitar. Okay... so in a way he HAD picked this guitar... but I dunno, I was just nervous! lol

Anyways, moving along a little faster. Dad went and got the guitar, my mom did an awesome job at wrapping it and making a card, and the three of us drove up to Welland on Wed. night for Aaron and his cousin Lisa's combined b-day dinner. We kept the guitar in the van so he wouldn't see it before we were ready to give presents. I had made a scavenger hunt for him, so it took me a few minutes to put the clues in place. Dad and I had planned that when we were in the apartment looking for clues, that would be his cue to get the guitar from the van and bring it into the living room.

After a delicious meal prepared by Aaron's mom (home made burgers, cesaer salad, potatoes, veggies, chocolate cake and ice cream..mmm....making me hungry!) We began to open the presents, and Aaron got his first clue! I was suprised, but he actually needed help finding out where the next clue was. I decided it was best that I go with him so he didn't take too long. lol We went to their "outhouse" in the backyard, then downstairs to the couch, then to a couple places in the apartment, and finally back to the living room.

He says that he knew what he was getting because of my last clue, but I think he was just HOPING. :) But, walking into the living room and seeing the box in the typical guitar shape--that's when he KNEW! He was all smiles as he opened it (or tore into it, I should say) and when he saw it was the one he had wanted, he looked at my dad knowingly, and he was just beaming! I was pretty thrilled that he was thrilled. He sat on the couch and played "Brown Eyed Girl" while the rest of us tried to remember the lyrics and sing (a total disaster...)

And that was pretty much Aaron's 25th birthday! YAY!! I'm so happy he was born, and that I was the lucky girl that got to marry him! Could not ask for a better husband! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment