Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

...What Is This Feeling???

Friday, April 16th, 2010



What a dumb day! I've been having contractions the past 2 days, but this morning things seem to have totally stopped, or at least slowed down so they're next to nothing. This has put me in a mildy bad mood.



My sister in law, Betsy, had mailed me a package for the baby, and so my Mom and I went to pick it up at the post office--but I had to sign for it, and since I haven't legally changed my name yet and updated my government ID stuff, they wouldn't let me get it! Oh, even though they know my mother in law super well, and it's obvious I'm pregnant and about to burst and the package says "Baby Glanfield" on it... it was just really infurriating!



Then my mom took me to the mall to get my hair done, We were in a bit of a time crunch because we also had to go to lunch for my fatehr is laws step mother's birthday lunch. But no one at the mall could take me until 1 (Which is when we were supposed to have lunch) So now I'm in a pretty crummy feeling mood--my contractions have stopped, I can't get my packagae, and now I can't get my hair done! Seriously, everyone is against me today, I'm sure about that! ;)



After lunch (which was very nice, BTW) Aaron took me to the post office so I could get the package. :) And i tore into that thing! She had sent some super cute outfits and a cover for my nursing pillow! Baby things seem to make everything better. :)



My mom decided to go home that afternoon, thinking that if she did that would help put me into labour! At this point, anything is worth a try to me. She left shortly after we got home from lunch, and I went to work using the breast pump to try to get some oxitosen (sp?) going through me to bring on the contractions.



My mother in law gave me a call and asked if I wanted her to take me to the mall to get my hair done. I guess she felt bad for me and wanted to make me happy. :) So I made an appointment and she took me over there for 6. Well, I started having a few very mild and very spaced out contractions while getting my hair done, and by 8:00pm they were coming on pretty strong and frequently. I warned my mom, and they stayed in contact with me for updates.



Aaron and I went to bed, but as soon as I layed down the contractions got stronger and really hard to deal with, so I got up. That seemed to help-- I guess I felt out of control or something when I was laying down, and moving (like swaying) seemed to help me a lot.

And that was Friday! Next post will be about Saturday. :) Stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. Hehe, April 16 was a dumb day for you and a fantastically painful/wonderful day for me!! That's Kellylynn's birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. when do we get to read about Saturday.. the more Important day! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't stand the anticipation any longer!... (you do realize it's June 12th.) Where be that Skype at!? ;)

    ReplyDelete